Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"That was who?!?"

Last Saturday I was at the local electronics store buying a new Navigation System. The employee that was helping me walked me back to the front to pay for the system I had selected. When we got to the register, there was an old man and a younger man speaking to each other as the older gentleman was waiting to pay for his DVD player. The employee shook the younger mans hand, said some things in dutch ( no idea what) and the younger man left the store. The old man then said to me "do you know who that was?". Of course, I didn't. "That was the Prime Minister". I was standing shoulder to shoulder with the leader of the Netherlands and had no clue. He just happened to be out and about doing some shopping. I knew that he lived in Capelle, in fact he lived within a kilometer or so from our old house. I never figured I would run into him at the discount electronics store. My latest brush with a celebrity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol :)

Anonymous said...

mwa haha!!! cluelesss?
-hannah-