Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Language Problems

Coversation between Hannah and myself:

Me: "Hannah, I need your new schedule (class schedule for school). Do you have it yet because you should have had it by now. It's been over a week."

Hannah: "We don't have a vaste (this is a Dutch word meaning permanent or regular)..."

and then she sits there with this funny look on her face as she realizes that she can't think of the right word in English. After a couple of seconds of me laughing hysterically and her still sitting there with the same funny look on her face I give in and help her out.

The same night at the dinner table:

Abby: "Mom, can I have some...rice?"

I look at her strange and try to figure out what she is talking about because there is no rice at the table.

Me: "Do you mean the corn?"

Abby: "Oh, corn! I have to remember that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well if you would stop changing the names of things on the poor kids! lol

Wendy said...

Oh no!! This is bad! you must come home immediately to solve this problem. Plus, there are 2 very cute babies on their way that need Hannah to baby sit them. Thats it..you must come home!