Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sinterklaas (Part 2)

Well...Sinterklaas came and went and we all had a very good time. I have explained Sinterklaas previous years but for those that missed it, you can read all about it at the trusty 'ol Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

We heard the doorbell ring and we all ran to the front door


We found a sack overflowing with presents. However, Sinterklaas came earlier than expected. We had still not eaten our dinner so we brought the gifts inside and placed them in the center of our living room. The kids all suffered as we ate because we informed them that we could not open presents until everyone was done eating.

Finally the time came...


Alex opened the first present and found something that the kids (and myself) always wanted...A Nintendo Wii.

They all got a little excited. Here they are caught in a celebratory hug.

The kids continued to open the gifts and found that there was definitely a theme. We all know that the Wii itself is not enough:

Abby examining the Wii Dance Mat for DanceDance Revolution. We ended up getting 2 of them so now they can have Dance-Offs.

Isaac opening Wii Resort. Though we have several games...so far the kids have only played this one. There is soooo much to do it keeps them (and me) busy. Great game!

Hannah with one of two guitars for Guitar Hero 5. We finally just tried this yesterday and it is very difficult. I have played a couple times with my brother Shawn but I have a long way to go. I think I played at 17%.
The kids got VERY excited while playing the Wii Sports Resort Canoeing game.

Well, one holiday down, 2 more Christmas days (the celebrate the 25th AND the 26th) and a New Years eve to go. December is a very exciting month.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I may have to come over and try this. On a second thought, maybe not...I'll probably make a fool of myself! :)

Lorraine said...

How fun! I wish I could be with you. Your gift is on its way. I'm not sure it will get there by Christmas, so maybe you will have an additional day of Christmas. Love, Grandma.