Saturday, November 24, 2007

Family Shopping

Friday November 23rd we decided to hop on the Metro and take a trip to a large shopping mall about 4 kilometers from our home which is near Novell. I have been there a few times during lunch but wanted to take the family to see it. Hannah, as usual, had control of the camera and took some pictures on our way:


Us walking near our home on our way to the metro. Notice the brick roads. Most neighborhood roads are brick. Only main highways and freeways are pavement. This brick road was just replaced a few days before.


Hannah wanted to show what the metro looks like. It is an elevated train in some areas, like near our house, but underground in other areas, like near our church.


We didn't take many pictures on the shopping trip but I took this one of one of the most beautiful buildings I have seen yet. Well, I don't know if the building is so grand, it was more the sign on top. If I was to turn around from here, I would be right in front of the megastores part of the mall. The mall we are at is called Alexandrium. It started with one mall but they have connected 2 more malls in the last 10 years so there is now Alexandrium I, II & III. This mall is massive. I would compare it to University Mall, Provo Towne Center Mall and maybe South Towne Mall connected. I have not been able see all of it yet, but I am sure someday I will.


The kids all had some spending money for their birthdays from Grandma Peck and Great-Grandma Otteson. Although Alex's birthday isn't until February, we did not want to leave them out. They all scored with many toys. Since we have not yet had their boxes with the few toys they kept shipped, they are really happy to have new ones.

No comments: