Monday, November 19, 2007

Welcome!


This is the first post for The Peck Family blog. I will make this short and sweet as this will be more of an introduction. As most of you know, we are now in Holland for work for Novell. We arrived on Friday, November 2 and so far, have enjoyed the experience very much. We created this blog so that all family and friends can keep up on what we are doing and view some pictures.

Yesterday we went to church here for the second time and meet many new people. Everyone has been very nice and been willing to help whenever needed. We have chosen to listen to most lessons in Dutch to hopefully help us learn faster but translators are always available. During Sacrament Meeting, someone sits on the stands and translates via headphones. We met a young women from Orem yesterday that is here because she is studying music. She plays the flute. A new missionary was in the ward from Logan. It is amazing that you can travel 6,000 miles and still run into people from your home state. Of course, I doubt this would ever happen without church but I will take it any way I can get it. A missionary mentioned that it was great to hear a Utah accent. I thought I would never hear that in my life. Anyway, above is a picture of our church.

Our home is probably temporary. Novell signed and paid for a 3 month lease for where we are currently staying. The address is:

Merellaan 139
2903 GC Capelle aan den Ijssel
Netherlands

Just so you know, Merellaan 139 is the Street Name and house number. 2903 GC is the Zip Code and Capelle aan den Ijssel is the City. My phone number is +31.6.535.46866. This is my mobile phone for work but anyone can feel free to call anytime. Currently Kristal is holding on to the phone so I can reach here when I am at work. Kristal will have a phone probably by the end of the week. Later I will upload pictures of our house but for now, I must go.

5 comments:

Admin said...

Hey Chris I am the first to comment on your awesome blog! So, that's the church, right? Dude, you need to remove the word verification thing because blogger already killed off the spammers.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!

I miss you all so much!!

How dare you be happy and having fun without me!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad you're having fun, even if it is without us. I really miss all of you. By the way, Chris, Dad has a new toy that he says you will love when you get back. It is an air compressor that has lots of cool accessories. Love, Grandma.

Anonymous said...

Hey shawn! hey WEndy! hey Grandma!
i miss ya'll so very much!

Kristal said...

Test