Sunday, December 30, 2007

Musicians in our ward

I figure you would be interested in this mom so I figured I would write about the musicians in our ward. There are many professional musicians in our ward. Our bishop plays trumpet and I guess sometimes is a guest teacher at BYU. He is going to Utah again in a couple weeks to teach for 2 weeks. There is a young girl from Orem that is here studying the violin. There are also a couple that both play the violin amoung other things. You may of heard of him, his name is Igor Gruppman, he is the Director of the Orchestra at Temple Square. They do live here in Holland but travel to Utah regularly. They both performed in Sacrament Meeting a couple of weeks ago. Here is the info about him:


http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/info/person?person_id=24


Because of all the musicians in the ward, obviously music is focused on a lot. I don't think we have had one activity where music has not been invloved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Those are accomplished musicians for sure. What a bonus to have contact with them and hear them perform. I presume they're not doing any Blues Brothers material ;) Happy New Years!