Sunday, December 9, 2007

New Callings

Here is a new picture from a different angle of our church I took today for the fun of it. Anyway, today Kristal was officially called to serve as 1st Counselor in he Relief Society Presidency. I was called as the 1st Counselor in the Young Mens Presidency. We are both excited about our new callings.

We just got back from dinner at the Stake Presidents house. They live in a small town about 15 minutes from where we live. One year ago, they bought a 5 story old police station and over the last year have been remodeling it slowly. The kitchen is mostly done and is interesting. The new kitchen
has an old jail cell as a pantry and right outside of it is a solid steal door which was the door to the police safe. They still have a lot to do but it was cheap, it is very large, and it will make them a lot of money in the end. Housing has a coupke decades of stability here with no projections to start moving down so it is generally very safe to buy.

Yesterday we went to a primary/ward activity. The kids made cards while the adults made holiday candle arrangments and wreaths. The kids then went caroling abd delivered the cards and candles to older folks in the area. We all then enjoyed a Dutch Pancake dinner followed by watching the Musical Christmas Program by the Tabernacle Choir. We had a good time visiting with the ward and enjoyed celebrating the holidays.

6 comments:

Kristal said...

sfdsf ds

Anonymous said...

Kristal, that's a lame commment!

Chris said...

Shawn, it was actually me that posted the above comment, I was doing some testing so please leave my wife alone.

Anonymous said...

In all reality, this is the only thing that I can think to say about me new calling.

Lisa said...

ha ha ha ha ha. Sounds like a busy time for you guys! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Kinderdijk - I think the weather was identical the last time I was there. The christmas party also looked like a blast. I'm totaly excited for you guys - what a cool place.
I look forward to hearing your adventures.

Oddly enough "Sfdsf df" is the old flemmish phonetic spelling of "het testen".

later