Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pictures on the way to work

I decided to take some pictures on the way to work this morning so I can share with each of you my daily commute. As most are aware, we do not have a car yet here, don't know for sure if we are going to buy one. I currently ride my authentic dutch bicycle each morning. Work is only 4 kilometers away (about 2,5 miles) so it is a good ride. So here is my bike complete with lights, odometer/speedometer, rack on back and my bag that holds my laptop and other stuff (please click on the pictures to view them larger):



One thing that makes riding a bike so nice and safe is that there are seperate roads for bikes. These usually run along auto roads but sometimes are a bit off to the side and completely seperated like this:



Canals are everywhere!!! I cross a small bridge going over one. Here is a picture taken from the bridge looking right:




When you come to a busy intersection, bikes have their own stoplights. May I point out my daily temptation in the background. Considering I have only stopped twice for breakfast, I think I am doing OK.




Here is a picture getting closer to work. There is more traffic and you can see that the bicycle road is running along the main road:



Finally (OK, it has only been about 12 minutes since I left home) I arrive at work. I work on the 5th floor (4th floor according to them because the 1st floor is really the ground floor or marked as "0"). I will be moving to the top floor in a couple months. Notice the Novell Mini. Many people in the states have a model car on their desk of this icon for Novell. Here we have the real thing.



Here is my desk. I share my office with one other guy:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you like the guy you work with! quarters look cramped that's all
heidi