Sunday, August 10, 2008

My 29th Birthday...right?

Yesterday, I woke up and could smell something cooking, but knowing that Chris and Hannah were still at camp I thought it was coming from outside. All of the sudden, Isaac comes tromping up the stairs with a big plate of scrambled eggs and a gigantic grin on his face. Turns out that he had gotten up before anyone else and had decided to make my favorite breakfast for my birthday. He told me that he paid extra attention on how to cook them when I made them the day before and decided to give it a go. He did a great job and it is always nice to get breakfast in bed! He is such a thoughtful little guy (not so little anymore, I guess) and is turning into quite the chef.

The rest of the day was nice too. Went to a ward BBQ and somehow...thank you Hannah, they found out it was my B-day and so they had to sing a crazy Dutch song that involved a lot of chanting and cheering and supposedly throwing of the birthday person in the air as many years as they have been alive, but being American, they thought they would start small and leave out the throwing in the air part which I was very happy about. After all of that, we came home and had our own little party with the cake and ice cream and disco balls and all of the usual stuff. Most importantly, I got to spend time with my wonderful family...awwwwwww, how sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet! there is just something extra sweet when it's a boy that does something like that huh? maybe i'm crazy. happy birthday though! glad you had a good one and i'm sorry i didn't get something posted to you BEFORE your birthday! lol :) oh and good job hannah letting everyone know! you definitely did the right thing!

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday! I was in New York, and missed it, I had been tracking the birthday cloud all last week, and then, BOOM, I dropped the ball. Sorry.
Happy 29th birthday anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Oh Isaac, you are so sweet!! Looks like Mom and Dad are bringing you up right!

I'm glad you you a good "29th" birthday Kistal! I have to add my sorry's to the list. I kept thinking all day, "It's Kristals Birthday!" but still never got around to emailing you! Pathetic, I know!

I miss you!

Wendy