Monday, October 6, 2008

My trip to Sweden

Last Wednesday evening I was asked to go to Sweden first thing Thursday morning to work with a customer for a couple of days. Thursday morning I flew into Copenhagen, Denmark and then took a train to Malmo, Sweden and finally an taxi to Staffanstorp which is a small town of about 13,000 residents.

I did not have any time to see anything because I was in and out before I realized I was actually in a completely different country. I did take a few random pictures with my phone so they are not the best quality, but, oh well here they are:

The money used in Sweden is the Swedish Kroner or Crown. Before leaving I forgot to check on what type of currency is used and how it compares to the Euro. To be safe, I pulled 3,000 kroners out of an ATM which I later found was about 400 Euros. To compare to the dollar, the 500 Swedish Kroner pictured below is equal to $69.61

Here is the building I worked in. It is the area elementary school.

In Malmo, Sweden, there are not too many tall buildings but this one stood out because of the very interesting architecture. It is called the Turning Torso.

OK, not a picture of Sweden or Denmark but I figured I would show my little collection of Coke bottles. Why a collection? Each one of these bottles come from a different country that I have been to the last 11 months.
Netherlands
Scotland
Belgium
England
France
Denmark
Sweden

2 comments:

Sally said...

I am incredibly jealous, My Great Grandma actually came here from Denmark, I would love to see it someday...

Chris said...

I would love to see it too! While in Denmark, I literally did not even breath one breath of outside air. I got off the plane and went straight to the train station which is connected directly to the airport and rode the train to Sweden. Same thing on the return trip. Oh well, though, at least I got to do some Danish shopping at the airport, does that count? :)