Sunday, February 8, 2009

Something other then political nonsense...

I am supposed to be doing homework, so I thought that my best plan of attack was to post something on our blog first.
I went out to explore our new neighborhood the other day and brought our camera just in case I saw something fun. There is an area just north of where we live that is a really big recreation area. There are all sorts of really nice trails for hikers, bikers and I even saw some cross country skiers (there is not a lot of snow here ever, so they put wheels on the bottom of their skis and go crazy). Mostly people out walking their dogs.

This one is a huge climbing wall. The picture does not give it justice because it really is enormous. I took this one from on top of the hill, so I was looking down on it. I am not a good judge of height or anything, so I could not even guess how tall it is. There are also a whole bunch of teepees and a place where you can rent kayaks, canoes and who knows what else. There is also several acres of obstacle course stuff.


This some sort of sculpture of, I am guessing, an upside down mountain. It is very random being the only thing on top of the hill full of sheep, but it does make the scenery interesting. You can also climb up into it, but there was water in it.

There is also a ski slope. Also a lot bigger then it looks in the picture but not real big just the same.


Here is the mountain biking trail with lots of sheep. The sheep are actually inside a portable fence. You can see the sculpture in the background.

Here is just another view of the 'valley'.
Bold

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks very pretty. homework?

Lisa said...

Very cool! Wish I could have gone walking with you and your camera. And meet the artist of the "upside down mountain" to understand his thoughts better.

Leah said...

Very pretty. I thought the sculpture looked like part of an egg carton personally.