Sunday, February 17, 2008

A couple of Hannah "firsts"

On Thursday night, Valentines Day, Hannah and I went to the Temple with the Young Men and Women of the ward The temple is in den Hague which is about 45 minutes from our home. The Bishop and first counselor were the only other brothers there to perform the ordinances. I ended up baptizing everyone (14 kids) and the Bishop and First Counselor performed the confirmations. Needless to say, I was very tired by the time I was done. I have never performed 140+ baptisms at one time with no break. Hannah was, of course, as beautiful as ever stepping into the fountain and I was proud to be the one performing the ordinance.

On Friday the 16th, Hannah was able to attend her first dance. Her school had a Valentines Day dance for all Group 6, 7 and 8 students (4th, 5th and 6th grades). She hasn't yet said much about the dance yet, we have not yet pushed for info, but she I know she actually danced with some boys. Of course, in light of this latest info, she will not be attending another dance for at least 10-20 more years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Hannah, you CANNOT grow up so fast!!

I miss you so much and think about you every day. I know you won't believe that because of the amount of mail you've received lately. But it's true and I promise to be a better aunt from now on!

I love you, sweet thing!

Wendy

Hannah said...

for your info dad yes i did dance wiht boys and the teachers were there watching to make sure everyhting went ok. and it did. so dont be shocked if i go to another dance next year because i will. and wendy you dont have to be a better aunt.your already a very good aunt and i love you very much!!