Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A long story

There seem to be certain unnamed people, Lisa, who think that we are slipping into blogging oblivion, so I thought that I would write something to put their mind(s) at ease. We had an 'series of unfortunate events' happen last week...Isaac got into a bike accident on his way home from school. Nothing glorious, but the wind blew him over and we, or I should say, I and some very nice Dutch people ended up at the hospital where we got him glued back together sufficiently. It turns out that Abby, being the couragous little thing that she is, ended up being blown over off of her bike on the way home to drag me to the scene of the crime. It is very exciting when you open the front door and you have two Dutch policemen standing there with your teary eyed daughter. Can I just add that the police here are very nice and understanding and pressed and polished looking (which is a little scary up close). Due to a serious lack of communication between Abby and I, she ended up lost the next day. Now, I can think of very few things that are as scary as this is to a parent but it is greatly magnified when you are in a foreign country, even if most people do speak very good English. Everything turned out alright and I only went bolistic a little bit on her afterwords. The things that go through your mind though...I tell you!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Terrifying! I would have an ulcer! You know my affection for random police visits, LOL. Poor Abby. That is totally what would happen to Luke too. He is so responsible and works so hard to get things done. I can't believe the wind blew them over. That is crazy! And then getting lost! Oh my goodness. I really cannot imagine what you went through.
I forgot about early out Monday two weeks ago, during the worst blizzrd in twenty years. Halle waits for me at the park, so the school didn't know I didn't come. I finally remembered at around twenty minutes later, and tore out of the house to find her. She was walking in driving snow and wind, crying and trying to avoid the nice high councilman and his kids driving next to her, trying to get her into the car to be warm. AAAAAAHHHHHHH! She was afraid they were trying to kidnap her. I was sick for two days over it.

Kristal said...

Poor little Halle! I can just imagine any of my kids doing the same thing. That is sooo sad.

Anonymous said...

Crazy!!! My time is coming for stories like these I'm sure. Thanks for sharing - is a great story, helps knowing that all ended up OK.

Anonymous said...

Oh Issac nd Abby! I hope you didn't hurt too bad, Isaac! Abby , you are such a good little sister! I'm so proud of you!!

I love you both so mcu and MISS you!!

Sniff..sniff

Aunt Wendy