Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Few Odds and Ends


Hannah and a friend got their money together and bought a little boat to take on the ponds and canals. Here her and Alex are out on a pond near our home.

I decided to take my remote control boat and attack them. Needless to say, I won!

A tradition here in the Netherlands are birthday hats. The kids made this for me on my birthday, isn't it cool! I think I wrote this in the past but birthdays are a big deal. When kids have birthdays, they take a treat and/or a small present for each of their classmates. I have found that this not not stop in adulthood. About every other day I get an email at work to come to a certain room because someone has brought in some treats of some kind to celebrate the passing of another year of their live.

Here is one reason living around ALOT of water is not so fun. There are many mosquito's around and it is difficult keeping them out of the house. Now most windows have screens so it helps but we are still killing them daily.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone feels really bad for the Pecks, they should know that those fierce mosquitos can leave scars from their bite. We have experienced the Netherland mosquitos and would have to agree that they are a small draw back about living were it's so cool!

Kristal said...

Thank you Arla, for your astute observations and hopefully you are not too scarred from the experience because we want to see you again someday:)

Anonymous said...

If I had the money and could get away from work I would leave tonight and come stay for a very long time. I never got any satisfaction in beating Chris at Hand and Foot.

Anonymous said...

very cute hat chris! lol and so sorry to hear about all the mosquitos!