Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chairs to go with our table

A while ago I finished our new kitchen table, here is a picture as a reminder.

A table does little or no good without chairs so I have recently been working on building the 6-8 chairs I need. So far I have finished 2 of them. It is a simple, yet sturdy design and considering I only have basic hand tools, I think they turned out rather well.


Some have asked how I get the wood home since I do not currently have a car. Well, to those that have wondered, here is your answer, a little at a time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Chris. Love, Mom

Lisa said...

We are so impressed with you.

Kristal said...

Chris did a great job on the chairs (and the table, of course) and you may not be able to tell but they are really comfortable. They have just the perfect angle for everything.

Anonymous said...

that is great! you must have talent to be able to make them that nicely with only hand tools! :)

Kevin said...

That's it I'm selling my truck. Who needs a truck? Just one thing; does that rub your leg raw? It it a long ride from the lumber yard?

Chris said...

It is about 2 kilometers the the nearest home improvement center but I get most things from Praxis which is like Home Depot cut in half. Praxis is about 4 kilometers.

Sally said...

Wow those chairs are awesome! Good job handy man...