Monday, September 8, 2008

My parents destroyed my childhood

When I was very young my parents went out for the evening. While they were gone, I found a very interesting and important TV program that was a behind-the-scenes of the making of the Superman movies. The end of a segment came and a commercial was about to start when the voice-over announced "when we return, find out how we made Superman fly". Just then, my parents entered the house and demanded that the TV go off and that we go directly to bed because it was too late to be up. After much begging and one-sided discussion, I lost and retired to my bed discouraged, frustrated and most important disappointed. In the years following that incident, I searched to gain the knowledge that I failed to obtain that dreadful evening. It was only many years later that I stumbled across the truth of the magic of film making and special effects. Those long years wasted, without the truth. How would things be different today if I would have continued to watch and learn? No one will ever know. The one thing that I do know is that my life would be different and I would have had a much happier and successful childhood.

This is not a joke, this is a true story. I am sure that Wendy and Keri can remember and relate to all of you this truly horrible experience that has haunted me for so long. I just hope that I will not make this same mistake with my children. I try my hardest to ensure that the Television is on at all times so my children will not miss something that could be life saving or changing for them. To everyone out there, please think about how you, as a parent, can destroy your childrens lives and set them on a path of destruction simply by turning off the TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and are you succeeding in keeping the tv on? or does kristal winout and turn the tv off? :)

Kristal said...

You are SUCH a dork:)