Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inaugural Address #2

I was working at home in my office streaming CNNs feed of everything leading up to the Inauguration on one computer and working on another. I felt that this was a historical moment that the family should also be watching. I went down and opened the live stream on our TV just before the actual inauguration. I returned to work and enjoyed listening to the speech in the background while I emailed customers and worked issues.

I later returned to the main floor, while President Obama was still speaking, expecting all to be sitting on the couch watching everything and found Alex on the laptop, the other kids playing in the dining area and Kristal in the kitchen. All were ignoring everything, except maybe Kristal who was too busy rolling her eyes to really listen :) . You would think the kids would be excited but really, I know that they had no idea what was going on and didn't really care. Who is the Barack Obama anyway???

3 comments:

Hannah(: said...

Hey i knew what was going on but me and abby had to go to the store for some stupid butter. and besides i didn't want to watch it anyways. I did know what was going on though!!!

Kristal said...

Sure you did hannah:)

Anonymous said...

well i totally missed it...not because i wasn't interested, but because life was busy with the 3 little kids that morning! lol and kristal, i agree with you. i'm not that optomistic either, but i'm hopefully going to be proven wrong, for our country's sake.